GeoProbe Model 8040DT Drill Rig
Geoprobe, Model 8040DT Drill Rig
- Hydraulically powered direct push/rotary drilling rig
- 59,000 lbs down force
- 160,000 lbs retraction force
- Remote control Caterpillar rubber track mounted
- 120 HP Caterpillar engine with tier-3 emissions compliance
Geoprobe Model GH80 Hammer
- This hammer designed specifically for the 8040DT cycles at 32 percussions per second (32 Hz) and delivers forces in excess of 100,000 lbs per cycle to the top end of the tool string.
- The proprietary design of this hammer is the primary reason the Geoprobe direct push system is so effective in tough to penetrate soil conditions.
- The hammer features bi-directional rotation for efficient penetration of concrete and asphalt.
Geoprobe CB8 Combo Head
- The CB8 Combo Head make the 8040DT one of the most versatile and efficient drilling rigs on the market. The five function combo-head (patent pending) provides integration of common operations providing high-capacity functionality with efficient movement between operations.
- The combo head allows use of the GH80 hammer for advancing Electrical Conductivity Probes, Direct Sensing probes, 2.25” Macro Core direct push sampling system, DT325 (3.25”) Dual Tube direct push sampling system, DT35 (3.5”) Dual Tube direct push sampling system, and DT45 (4.5”) Dual Tube direct push sampling system tooling.
- The combo head is equipped with a GA6000 two speed high torque (6000 ft-lbs) Rotary Auger Head, for conventional auger drilling, rock coring and air and mud rotary drilling.
- The CB8 Combo Head is designed to allow all the drilling methods to occur without repositioning the rig. This functionality allows us to deliver maximum efficiencies to our Clients
Automatic Drop Hammer (DH101)
- The DH101 Auto Drop Hammer complies with ASTM Standards D1586-99. This standard requires a 140 lb. hammer be lifted 30 inches. The hammer operates at 55 blows per minute and SPT’s can be completed directly through the tooling with a standard split spoon while the borehole remains cased.
- This method of performing SPT’s provides 100% accuracy, as the testing is done while the borehole remains cased. There is no possibility of slough material affecting the performance of the split spoon. As the split spoon penetrates into virgin soil below the level the tooling has reached, accuracy is guaranteed.
- As a result, utilization of the DT45 Direct Push tooling to collect soil samples and perform SPT’s, while the borehole remains cased, allows us to again, deliver maximum efficiencies to our Clients.